It's time to protect yourself and your loved ones. With PPE in high demand, many are turning to their own resources. Maui SweetnSpicy is stepping up to provide you access to a comfortable, washable, mask that has one layer of filter material sewn in, and an additional layer included with purchase.
Your purchase helps us donate to our kupuna and local first responders here on Maui.
Selections list quantity available for regular sized masks. Any size can be ordered, just be aware that larger masks take more fabric, so six regular would = 4 large.
Have a favorite fabric you'd like to use? Give me a shout and we can make it happen.
All orders include a sample of Aloha Spiced Cacao as a mahalo for supporting Maui SweetnSpicy.
Blue Custom Mask Fabrics
To Wear the Mask:
- Holding the mask in one hand, grasp the loop of ribbon and pull until the loop is large enough to go over your head. Place loop over your head.
- Place the mask under your chin, and adjust placement on nose. (I prefer to have it sit on the cartilege, not bone part.) Pinch the metal in the top seam to grasp your nose. Smooth the fabric to your cheek to shape the other seal.
- Grasp the ties from the top corners and pull to adjust neck tension. Pull to back or top of head and tie to secure.
- If mask needs more tension, tie the top ties to a pony tail holder. Once adjusted, this will allow easy take on/off of the mask.
- To remove without touching mask, pull on tie end to release knot. Pull on neck strap to enlarge loop. Pull loop over head to remove mask. Tie ends together prior to washing.
How do I properly wash and sanitize my masks, and how often?” Physician Dr. Darragh O’Carroll recommended washing cloth masks after EVERY outing. Wash them thoroughly by hand with lots of soap and hot water or in a washing machine with water temperature above 160°F. To dry masks after washing, run them through a hot dryer or hang them outside in UV sunlight. If you’re unable to wash your masks immediately after use, place them in a sealed plastic bag until the next use. Unless you have been instructed otherwise by your doctor, make sure your mask is made of cloth. The filters included in these masks are washable.